SMARTTECHWEAR RETURNS POLICY
SmartTechWear PTY LTD will not accept any items back for credit if the packaging is not complete (as you got it when purchased) Box, accessories etc, Defective items may be returned for refund or replacement. The following restrictions apply to refunds or replacements:
- All products must be returned in original condition including packaging, documentation, warranty cards, manuals, and accessories.
- If unopened goods are returned within 14 days, you will receive a refund excluding transport costs.
- Certain hardware items and all custom/special orders may only be returned for credit.
- All returns must be shipped at the customers expense.
- Consumables are non-refundable.
- 20% handling fee on any goods returned that are not in their original packaging, this must be within 14 days of you receiving the order.
Please note that if your item/s are returned and do not contain the entire package that was shipped out, you will not receive a credit.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The STW Service Policy terms and conditions provided here are for informational purposes only and are meant for consumers who have purchased from STW.
All products purchased through STW, are covered by the individual manufacturer’s warranty. These are standard warranties and as such are forwarded and provided by STW. STW will not be held responsible for any other or extra warranty provided through other places of purchase or extension of warranties provided by the manufacturer obtained other than from STW.
If end-consumers require technical support or exchange, the consumer must first seek assistance from the place of purchase. STW does not provide support directly to the consumer unless the consumer is not able to receive any assistance or support from the place of purchase. In this case, if STW is able to assist, the consumer must provide their original proof of purchase for any warranty to be carried out for repair or exchange only. In the event that the consumer would like to have an item credited, this must be done through the place that the unit was originally purchased by the consumer. Where possible please contact the place of purchase directly for any warranty service.
Below you will find STW standard terms and conditions with regards to warranties and products.
- These conditions apply to all products or solutions that are purchased from STW and are returned for repair, replacement/exchange or credit.
- STW’s warranty is a carry in warranty, unless otherwise specified, where it would be the responsibility of the person or persons that purchased said products from STW, to have said products returned to STW or to bear the cost of the logistics involved to return the item.
- All defective goods returned to STW will be thoroughly tested by our own in-house technicians to verify the fault on the item, if any.
- Products have a 12 month warranty (varying by product and manufacturer) from date of purchase, unless specified below:
HP Calculators2 Year WarrantyTexas Instruments Calculators3 Year WarrantyTranscend Hard drive3 YearsPNY / HP Memory5 year WarrantyKingsons BagsLimited Lifetime Warranty subject to fair usageTranscend Flash MemoryLimited Lifetime Warranty
- The warranty of any and all products and/or solutions will be null and void if the serial number label is missing, damaged or tampered with. The removal of “Do not remove” or “Do not break” seals and sticker will be subject to the same conditions.
- Any products with visible sign of tampering or user induced damage of any kind will have the warranty voided immediately. The removal and replacement of factory fitted cooling options or fittings with aftermarket cooling options or fittings constitutes alteration of the product and will immediately void the warranty of the product. Visibly damaged screw points and screws that show an attempt to open or tamper with/alter a product will void the warranty of the product.
- Products damaged or rendered inoperable through electrical damage (power surges, lighting damage and other types of electrical damage) unless otherwise specified and not protected by some form of surge protection, will be deemed to be warranty void in terms of guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the products. After market and non-approved AC/DC power adaptors will not be covered under warranty and if found to be the cause of damage to a product, will void the warranty of the product.
- If found faulty, any component sent in will be repaired or replaced within a minimum of 48 hours subject to stock availability and reparability.
- If a component is not found to be faulty according to the designated fault report, the component will be returned at the customer’s expense to the customer as is or will be made available for collection at STW.
- Where reasonably possible, a carry-in item will be inspected and dealt with as you wait. If the problem is likely to require a longer period to test or repair, the item will then need to be booked in after which time further work will be carried out. Standard turnaround time for returns is 48-72 hours.
The above times will depend on the severity of the problem experienced as well as parts availability. In the event that a repair will take longer than the specified time frame, the customer will be informed and confirmation required for the repair and extension.
- Tablets and other similar consumer electronics products will be booked in and an average turnaround time of 72 hours can be expected. This will depend on spare parts availability.
- STW takes no responsibility for the backup and or integrity of personal or company data present on ANY device or storage medium. Customers are encouraged and implored to make FULL back-ups of any data present as STW will not be held liable or responsible for any loss of data on goods booked in or worked on. STW will not perform any data recovery service and will not pay for such services and this will be at the full cost of the customer.
- When products are returned for repair, please ensure the following criteria is met:
- The unit(s) are undamaged, as we are not liable for any physical damage other than product failure.
- There must be a detailed fault report or explanation attached to the defective item(s) to explain the problem. The more detail we are provided, the speedier the turnaround time.
- A copy of the invoice for the product is included as proof the unit was purchased from STW.
- Any products with an authorized repair centre within South Africa will be sent to their relevant appointed repair centres once received by STW. STW will make every effort to ensure that units are repaired as soon as possible and the client informed at every step of the process. Spare parts availability or the lack thereof, at non-STW repair centres, will affect the turnaround time of the repair. This process by and large is out of the control of STW and we take no responsibility for delays or extensions caused by the repair centres.
- Brand new replacements or exchanges for faulty items cannot be guaranteed. We will replace some items with refurbished replacement units.
- When there is a shortage on any specific item, we will swap the item with the most similar product or pass credit at the STW’s discretion. Credit will be given based on the lower of the replacement cost or original purchase price.
- If any goods are damaged or if the warranty has passed its expiration date or has been voided, customers will be liable to pay for the repair of the product.
- STW will not be responsible for products returned for repair, warranty or exchange that are not collected within 3 months and uncollected repairs, warranties or exchanges will be sold after these 3 months to recoup costs.
- A full credit on goods will only be considered if returns take place within 7 days of invoice date, provided goods are in resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging.
- If the return of goods for credit takes place after 7 days from the date of invoice (Up to a maximum of 30 days after date of invoice), then credit will still be considered however at the lesser value of 70% of the current sale price of the product or 70% of the original purchase price, whichever is the lower, provided goods are in a resalable condition, including all manuals, software and packaging. The acceptance of such credit us wholly at the discretion of STW.
- No credit will be considered and under no circumstances will this stance change when a product is returned more than 30 days after date of invoice.
- A 30% handling charge will be levied on any credits accepted that are returned without original packaging, software or manuals. Credits of this nature are wholly at the discretion of STW.
- Software that is opened will NOT be credited and opened software immediately becomes the property of the customer. Peripherals with blister packaging that requires cutting or tearing to open will NOT be credited and peripherals opened with packaging of this nature immediately becomes the property of the customer.
- Components/Spare Parts orders not collected after 5 days will be cancelled and returned to the supplier or sold to recoup costs.
SmartTechWear may, in its sole discretion, change their Terms & Conditions or any part thereof at any time with or without notice. It is your responsibility to visit the website to see whether the Terms & Conditions have been amended and ensure that you are satisfied with the amendments. Should you not be satisfied with the amendments, you must refrain from placing any further orders on, or from using in any way, the website.
Any person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this Website or attempts to gain unauthorised access to any page on this Website shall be prosecuted and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that SmartTechWear suffers any damage or loss. You agree and warrant that your log-in name and password shall: be used for your personal use only; and not be disclosed to any third party. You allow SmartTechWear to take all reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of the Website and back-office applications.